Mentoring Programme for Aspiring Women Directors 2023 – FOR MENTEES
BoardAgender’s Mentoring Programme for Aspiring Women Directors 2023 introduces aspiring and “next-generation” female directors in Singapore to experienced director-mentors. The Programme will launch in July 2023 and run till December 2023.
What is the aim of the Programme for Mentees?
The Programme aims to assist Mentees in meeting their directorship-related goals.
Benefits of the programme include:
- Gaining knowledge and skills that will help them take up the role as a non-executive director, enabling them to contribute as peers in the boardroom
- Gaining insights into their unique value proposition for boards
- Increasing their practical knowledge of governance issues in companies and not-for-profits and company and not-for-profit boards operate
- Gaining valuable insight, advice, and guidance on the process of selecting and appointing new directors
- Obtaining advice and guidance relevant to board roles and challenges
- Fostering and enhancing connections with influential business leaders; and
- Developing and growing as directors and people, understanding the Programme is one element in their director journeys.
In the long-term, we believe that the Programme will provide Mentees with a Mentor’s advice, guidance, and support so that they may contribute effectively as directors and achieve their professional development goals.
The Programme also provides Mentees with the opportunity to develop their skills to become future Mentors themselves so that they may “pay it forward” to another generation of aspiring board directors.
Finally, the Programme will also allow mentees to network with past and current chairs and Directors of companies and not-for-profits in Singapore.
Note: Although we believe the Programme will assist Mentees in achieving board appointments, this is neither the role of, nor within the control of, either the Mentor or BoardAgender.
Who are the Mentors?
The Mentors are men and women who are, or have been, non-executive Directors from a broad range of sectors and industries (e.g., corporate, non-profit, government agency, private companies, etc) based in Singapore.
They may also have international or regional governance experience. Mentors will share valuable insights (and the odd war story) with their Mentees.
How much does it cost to apply?
For BoardAgender Mentoring Programme 2023, the application fee is SGD 500.
How do I apply to be a Mentee?
Applicants (who are Singaporean Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents) can apply for the Programme online here.
What is the time commitment for the Programme?
To obtain the most benefit from the Programme, Mentees will be required to commit significant time to attend and participate in its events.
Mentees are expected to arrange times to meet/speak to their Mentors on a monthly basis from July to December 2023, at times agreed between them.
In addition, the Programme will also include:
Masterclass sessions for Mentees (2 half-day sessions)
- Friday, 2 June 2023, 11am-1pm, and
- Friday, 9 June 2023, 12pm-2pm.
Do I need to be a member of a professional director organisation?
The Programme does not exclude applicants who are not members of a professional director organisation. However, we recommend that applicants join an organisation to complement the knowledge they obtain from this Programme with the technical and other knowledge they can receive elsewhere.
To find out more about the Programme, please refer to the guidelines.